History

Molitor Sport Wengen has a history spanning over a 100 years: from Fritz Molitor, through the record winner at the Lauberhorn Karl Molitor, to the present owners Beat and Elisabeth von Allmen.

1915

Fritz Molitor opens a shoemakingfactory, as many French soldiers rely on good footwear. After withdrawal of troops, two shoemakers work under Fritz Molitor. Mountain shoes, sports shoes and custom shoes are made.

1922

The parents of Karl Molitor open another shop in Mürren, but this one already closes 3 years later. The constant back and forth was just too complicated.

1948

Karl Molitor finishes his career in ski racing after winning the silver (combination) and bronze (downhill) medal at the St. Moritz Winter Olympics.

In the same year he marries Antoinette Meyer. “It’s a nice, big wedding party,” notes Karl Molitor.

1950

The race director-job of the legendary Lauberhorn race gets taken over by Karl Molitor. For 42 years he masters this task.

1965

Signing a license agreement with Byson in Nara, Japan, for Molitor to fabricate the legendary Molitor ski boots under their own name.

2012

Beat and Elisabeth von Allmen (long-time employees) take over Molitor Sport Wengen.

Today

Molitor Sport Wengen is a successful sports shop in the heart of the small mountain village, Wengen.